The Contemporary New England Witch

The Contemporary New England Witch
Author Ms.Faith

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ooh, a fun story of witnessing magickal energy in ritual

Good Evening,

I have a short but interesting story to share with you this evening.  A couple of weeks ago we celebrated Beltaine.  I held a Sabbat ritual in the front gardens of Enchantments and the majority of the group consisted of students in our magickal studies classes.  I incorporate rituals, both Sabbat and Esbat, in the magickal studies course at Enchantments and on this day class was held outdoors as we conducted a ritual.  We had beautiful weather and it was a delightful day all around. 

A few days after the ritual I was speaking with a student who had attended and she shared a cool story with me of what she and her mother had witnessed during the ceremony.  She described how after I had finished casting the circle, and had proceeded onto the Sabbat ceremony, her mother and herself, standing side by side were looking into the air above the ritual area and saw a black crow take off from a branch and fly towards the ritual area. She had said they anticipated the bird flying right over the ritual area and that it would be a cool part of the activities, as any natural occurrence during a ritual is usually a very welcome thing.

I was excited to hear this part of the story as I have worked for many years with the energy of the Goddess Morrigan, a Celtic Goddess, her symbols are the crow and raven.  Then the story got even better. She described how the crow flew towards the ritual area but when it got to the place in the air where the perimeter of the circle would be, it reacted as if it had flown into a wall, it dropped down a foot or so and regained its equilibrium and flew in a different direction!  She looked at her mother who confirmed what she had seen.  As they were in a part of the circle facing me, I had my back to the drama in the sky, so I missed the spectacle.  

I've experienced many different phenomenon over the years in regards to the circle which is cast for a ritual or service to be held.  I personally feel the energy of the circle was the resistance the crow met.  The student said that a short time later a smaller bird flew through the area, and I don't know what to make of that. I don't know if size of the bird would be a factor? Even the crow meeting resistance is a bit of a surprise to me, as the circle never has been understood by practitioners to provide any sort of actual physical barrier, its more electromagnetic than tangible. 

I have seen photographs taken of the magick circle where the picture has distortions where the perimeter was, (there's an example in the right hand side bar of this website, the top photo) I have felt the extreme temperature change that can take place inside vs outside the circle, I have seen spirits manifest, and all sorts of unexpected and magickal phenomenon. 

 I felt this was an interesting and fun story of a magickal moment encountered on a really nice Sabbat, and I'm glad I could share it with you. Have a beautiful rest of your day and evening. 



Peace and Happiness






Please check out my newest blog The Life and Recipes of a Medieval Cook @ http://thelifeandrecipesofamedievalcook.blogspot.com

© 2010-2011 Enchantments, LLC Portions of this blog posting may include materials from my book “Enchantments School for the Magickal Arts First Year Magickal Studies.” For more information, see www.enchantmentsschool.com or go to the title of tonight's discussion and click, it will link you to my school's website. 

If you know someone who would like my work, please send them this link. If you or they would like to be included on our daily email distribution list send me an e mail with your email address to be included. If you ever wish to unsubscribe to this blog, please contact me and you will be immediately removed from our list.