To celebrate "The Life and Times of A Contemporary New England Witch"'s 400th discussion today, I thought I would administer a pop quiz! Do you have a pencil and paper ready? Well, go get some, I'll wait . . .
Alright, some of these questions you might already know, some maybe not. If you are a student of Enchantments School for the Magickal Arts, you should know these. For these are the types of things we go over in Saturday morning classes, in the first year Magickal Studies classes. See how well you do. The answers will appear farther down the page.
- How many days during the month can one do moon magick, either full moon or new moon magick?
- How many days in a lunar month?
- How long could it take for a full moon spell to manifest?
- How long could it take for a new moon spell to manifest?
- Do you have to wait for the proper moon phase to cast a spell?
- A magickal group that follows a Celtic based tradition or practice, normally starts their circle casting in which compass direction?
- What are the four traditional Witches tools?
- What are the four compass directions, their associated element and color?
- What does the Pentacle used in Witchcraft stand for?
- List the five steps of Anatomy of a Spell
- What are magickal correspondences in Spell Casting?
- List five types of Spell Casting
- Describe how to layer a Spell
- How many days during the month can one do moon magick, either full moon or new moon magick? The answer is 14 days. Three days before each moon, the day of the moon either full or new, and the three days after the moon. Each moon, Full or new, allows you 7 days to cast that moon spell and utilize the powers of the moon.
- How many days in a lunar month? 28 days are typically considered a lunar month
- How long could it take for a full moon spell to manifest? Up to 28 days
- How long could it take for a new moon spell to manifest? Up to 14 days
- Do you have to wait for the proper moon phase to cast a spell? No. You can cast a spell utilizing the days of the week, utilizing colors, candles, direct workings with the Goddess, planetary hours of the day, etc. There are many spell methods you can use, and not all of them use the moon phases at all.
- A magickal group that follows a Celtic based tradition or practice, normally starts their circle casting in which compass direction? We typically cast our circles starting in the North. There are some groups that will cast their circles from the East, but these are not typically Celtic based or trained groups.
- What are the four traditional Witches tools? Wand, blade, cup and pentacle
- What are the four compass directions, their associated element and color? North, earth, green East, yellow, air South, red, fire West, blue, water
- What does the Pentacle used in Witchcraft stand for? The pentacle, the five pointed star surrounded by a circle, is always used in witchcraft with the top point or apex pointing up or towards the North.
- List the five steps of Anatomy of a Spell. The five steps are as follows:
- What are magickal correspondences in Spell Casting? Magickal correspondences in spell casting are magickal properties of the natural ingredients you are using, such as stones, herbs, essential oils etc. Magickal correspondences are magickal properties such as money drawing, banishing, cleansing, healing, bringing in love, passion, better sleep, calming, success in a legal situation etc.
- List five types of Methods of Spell Casting. There are so many types of spells that you can cast, and in this we are specifically referring to methods, such as candle, petitions, cords, spell mixes, magickal soaps, beth salts, moon magicks, etc.
- Describe how to layer a Spell. Layering a spell is simply adding more specifics or layers that all have the same magickal correspondences to work together to enhance your spell manifestation. For example, if you are casting a spell for money this is how you might choose to layer your spell: Use a green candle, anoint with patchouli oil, place green candle in a silver candle holder, place on a gold colored plate. Sprinkle chamomile around the candle and dress the plate with silver coins. These are all 'layers' that work with one another to help your wish for money to manifest.
© 2010-2016 Faith M. McCann. Portions of this blog posting may include materials from my book “Enchantments School for the Magickal Arts First Year Magickal Studies.” For more information, see www.enchantmentsschool.com or go to the title of tonight's discussion and click, it will link you to my school's website. Please note that the copying and/or further distribution of this work without express written permission is prohibited.
If you know someone who would like my work, please send them this link. If you or they would like to be included on our daily email distribution list send me an e mail with your email address to be included. If you ever wish to unsubscribe to this blog, please contact me and you will be immediately removed from our list.