The Contemporary New England Witch

The Contemporary New England Witch
Author Ms.Faith

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

'Tis the Season . . .

Good Evening!

What a wonderful, full, busy weekend I have had! I have spent this past weekend with the lovely weather and still long days decorating my yard for Autumn and for the upcoming Samhain season, also known as Halloween!

Mums and pumpkins are coming out in the markets now and are beautiful and plentiful. I took some Zebra Grass, which grows as a perennial in my yard each year and needs to be cut down in the fall, and wrapped it around my lamppost out front and it looks a lot like cornstalks, only prettier and not as messy.

I then tackled a project I had seen on the Internet and wanted to try. Cute little ghosties dancing in a circle that you place on your front lawn. It took me a couple of hours to make eight ghosts and then a few minutes to put them in place, but the results are worth the time. I will, closer to Samhain, put a bundle of tiny lights, orange and purple, in a mock fire in the center of the ghost dancers and run an extension cord to an outdoor outlet.

It was a very busy weekend, but rewarding and I hope the weather stays mild so I can continue to decorate and add a bit of theater to my yard in preparation for the little ghosties and goblins that will come to my door this Samhain eve, begging for candy. I often get between 80 and 100 trick or treaters and, as last year we were robbed of Halloween at least in Southern New England when a freak snow storm plunged us into darkness for two weeks, I am really ready for the festivities this year!

Here are some photos of the work I've done so far. I'll continue to post photos as the decorating progresses over the next several weeks. Happy Holiday decorating to you!









© 2010-2012 Faith M. McCann. Portions of this blog posting may include materials from my book “Enchantments School for the Magickal Arts First Year Magickal Studies.” For more information, see www.enchantmentsschool.com or go to the title of tonight's discussion and click, it will link you to my school's website.


 Please note that the copying and/or further distribution of this work without express written permission is prohibited. If you know someone who would like my work, please send them this link. If you or they would like to be included on our daily email distribution list send me an e mail with your email address to be included. If you ever wish to unsubscribe to this blog, please contact me and you will be immediately removed from our list.