The Contemporary New England Witch

The Contemporary New England Witch
Author Ms.Faith

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

What Has Defined 2016 For You and What Will Define 2017 For You?


Edward Woodward as Spirit of Christmas Present in the 1984 movie "A Christmas Carol" adapted from Charles Dickens's novella

Good Morning My Witchy Reader,

Ah well, yet another year is coming to a close for all around the world. Yes, many Pagans see our New Year starting on November 1st, but come January 1st, with billions around the globe seeing it as a "new" beginning, that gives it a magick all it's own. As I have often said, Pagans have the best of both worlds, we can celebrate all the holidays if we choose. Today, I wish to reflect on the year that has almost passed and to think about what it has left with us. On social media, I am seeing so many people lamenting about all that went wrong in 2016. How horrible it was, and how they just want it to be over.

Hmmmm. (Tapping red tipped witchy nails on the table, as I contemplate this) What a pessimistic, morbid, melancholy way of looking back. I long to ask in the manner of Charles Dickens's Spirits of Christmases Past and Present. "Was there nothing that brought you happiness in the past year?", "Was there no joy at all in your year?", "Can you find nothing to be grateful for?", " Was there no love, laughter or enjoyment of Life?"  "Can you not see the abundance in your life, when so many in this world have only 'ignorance' and 'want'?"  

What I plan to do, is not to complain about all that went wrong in 2016, things go wrong every year and always have and always will. It's easy to complain about everything that is not perfect in your life. It is so easy to pick and separate out all that didn't work as you had hoped. The negative is so easy to notice and attract. But I'll tell you a secret. It is just as easy to pick out and attract the good, the positive and the wonderful things that have happened. It is really up to you and what you decide to focus on.


Instead I will look at the last year, 2016, and count all of my blessings. I will pick out and choose all of the wonderful things that have happened. I will be grateful for the wonderful students who have found Enchantments and come to class every Saturday morning excited and eager to learn. I am grateful for good friends that help me out in the shop when I can't be there, just so I don't have to be there all the time. I am grateful for the customers and tarot clients who come and spend time and money in an effort to keep  us in business, during a time when it is so very easy to simply shop on-line with a few short clicks of the keyboard.
I am grateful for modern medicine that allows my 17 year old cat to live with diabetes and to enjoy a full, happy life that she chooses to spend sleeping on a heated blanket all day! I am grateful for my father having successful heart surgery, and my mother having new medication and good doctors to help her with her Parkinson's. I'm grateful for my sister and brother in law for taking care of my parents and taking the spark plugs out of their car when they decide they want to go for a joy ride! Neither should be driving! Hee hee I am also grateful that they live in a town of only 700 people! 

I'm grateful for the love of family, and of reconnecting with my wonderful family, at the aunt's dinner, and long lost family and friends I haven't seen in years, all because of Facebook. I am so grateful a doctor suggested vocal exercises that turned into singing lessons that have me singing for anyone who will sit still for a few minutes! Hahaha and it makes me so very happy and it has affected my health in positive and wonderful ways. 

I am grateful for my Muse and for best friends. For those who have always believed in me, even when I have not. For those who have loved me, even when I don't feel so lovable. I am grateful that I found the Goddess so early in life and that she walks with me, each and every day, not just on Sundays or on special holidays. She is always with me, whispering in my ear, like the angels who whispered in the ear of my grandmother. Giving gentle suggestions, and encouragement and support and I'm grateful that I have learned how to listen to these Divine messages from Deity. 

I am grateful for the magick that I discovered within at an early age and that stays with me and gives me insight, knowledge and visions that allow me to help others and to give guidance when asked. I am very grateful, that at my age, I have learned how to be strong and to put aside people who are harmful, hateful and just wish to bring me down and who do not care or love me. And to not feel guilty or remorseful, as I have done these things for my better self and so I can live a happy and fulfilling life. 

I'm happy for a husband that has been with me for over 33 years and so many, many blessings that I could go on and on. It really is easy, so easy to look for and find the blessings. Truly .  .  .  good and bad are going to happen. The principle of Polarity is one of the principles of the Universe, it is how it works. Up must have down, cold must have hot, and good has bad.  I also know that when something 'bad' happens, it is up to me on how I perceive it, and what I do with it. How will I let it affect my life, what lessons will I learn and will I keep the negative wrapped around me as a shroud or will I set it aside so light can come in and I can move forward. But this is my choice and only mine. 
One of the greatest lessons I have learned so far, is Life does not happen to us, but we create our reality. In all of it's layers, and shadows, it's ebb and flow. If I do not like my reality, I create it anew. 
It is our place to decide what we will focus on and what will define our life. I, and I will only speak for me, I will focus on the good, the happy, the blessings and the love in my life! So Mote it Be!!


May you and your loved ones have a healthy, happy and loving New Years! 


Live, Laugh and Always Love, Ms. Faith 



© 2010-2016 Faith M. McCann. Portions of this blog posting may include materials from my book “Enchantments School for the Magickal Arts First Year Magickal Studies.” For more information, see www.enchantmentsschool.com or go to the title of tonight's discussion and click, it will link you to my school's website. Please note that the copying and/or further distribution of this work without express written permission is prohibited. 

 If you know someone who would like my work, please send them this link. If you or they would like to be included on our daily email distribution list send me an e mail with your email address to be included. If you ever wish to unsubscribe to this blog, please contact me and you will be immediately removed from our list.