The Contemporary New England Witch

The Contemporary New England Witch
Author Ms.Faith

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Working with the Goddess




 Good Afternoon,


I often meet people who want to stat working with witchcraft but aren't sure how to get started or what to do. I often recommend they get a good starter book, start reading and then start practicing. You can work on casting a circle, and having a ritual with many steps and components. But one of my favorite ways of working magick is simply working with the Goddess and one lone candle.

I light a candle and ask the Goddess for help in a particular situation. She always comes through for me. I don't worry about whether I said it right, did the right thing in the right order, etc. I just leave it up to her. I do spend some time speaking with her and visualizing the end result I am looking for. Your visualization is still a key part of the work to be done.

Don't get too complicated either. Have a clear end result that you can visualize and focus on. Not on all the steps it will take to get there, leave that up to her. Once you've spent the time, a few minutes, focusing on your end result and speaking with the Goddess you can leave the candle burning and go about your day.

When speaking with the Goddess, speak as if you are having a conversation with someone. You don't need to use arcane language or get to fussy with your words. Speak clearly and put into words what your problem is and what you would like as an end result. Then as your day or week carries on, do the things that present themselves to you to get the job done. You might find the work already completed and nothing further required on your part, or you might have to do a few things to ensure the work gets done. Time will tell you what you need to do.

Working with the Goddess can be a very intimate experience. You don't need to pick a specific Goddess, general Goddess energy is fine to work with. So get your candle, sit comfortably and start your conversation. 

Peace and Happiness 





© 2010-2014 Faith M. McCann. Portions of this blog posting may include materials from my book “Enchantments School for the Magickal Arts First Year Magickal Studies.” For more information, see www.enchantmentsschool.com or go to the title of tonight's discussion and click, it will link you to my school's website. Please note that the copying and/or further distribution of this work without express written permission is prohibited. 

 If you know someone who would like my work, please send them this link. If you or they would like to be included on our daily email distribution list send me an e mail with your email address to be included. If you ever wish to unsubscribe to this blog, please contact me and you will be immediately removed from our list.