The Contemporary New England Witch

The Contemporary New England Witch
Author Ms.Faith

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Magickal Moment was had in Salem, Mass this past Sunday





 Good Afternoon, 

As you may remember, this past Sunday, the Witches of Enchantments went to Salem, Mass for our annual trek to the 1692 Victim's Memorial. I gave a lecture on the witch trials and then we conducted the Ceremony of the Roses. It was during this ceremony that I and everyone that was with me experienced a true magickal moment.  We conducted the ceremony by having one person stand in front of each carved memorial bench and as I ring a bell they called out the names of the person put to death and the date of death.

The ceremony started, I was ringing the bell for each victim, the names were being called out and the wind started up quite strongly and started to whip up into the tree tops, as we proceeded around the semi circle of benches for the 20 victims of the 1692 witch trials, the wind grew stronger and kept blowing until we finished calling out the names and the bell was silenced. Then the wind died down quite as quickly as it had started. I truly believe the spirits of those who had perished were with us that day in Salem, Mass. I could feel their presence. It was a wonderful magickal moment.  We then proceeded on our way and had a really grand time in the city of the Witches.  I am already looking forward to next year.  Stay tuned to this witch channel because I may very well have a video of the lecture available for viewing in a week or so.

Until then, have a magickal week!


Peace and Happiness 








© 2010-2013 Faith M. McCann. Portions of this blog posting may include materials from my book “Enchantments School for the Magickal Arts First Year Magickal Studies.” For more information, see www.enchantmentsschool.com or go to the title of tonight's discussion and click, it will link you to my school's website. Please note that the copying and/or further distribution of this work without express written permission is prohibited. 

If you know someone who would like my work, please send them this link. If you or they would like to be included on our daily email distribution list send me an e mail with your email address to be included. If you ever wish to unsubscribe to this blog, please contact me and you will be immediately removed from our list.