The Contemporary New England Witch

The Contemporary New England Witch
Author Ms.Faith

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Getting back to Nature doesn't necessarily mean meditating under a tree . . .

Good Afternoon,

So many people talk with me on a weekly basis, what with the shop and the various places I find myself week to week. Many mention how they want to "get back to Nature", as if it were a distant destination that they have to make a long trek to get there. It doesn't have to be that way.  As I titled this discussion, getting back to Nature doesn't necessarily mean you have to take a day off from life and sit under a tree meditating. Now, that would be nice if you could do it, but realistically many of us do not have the time or the inclination. Because, really, meditating under a tree is simply, to me, boring. Don't get me wrong, I love trees, but my idea of communing with Nature is more active. Take today for instance.

I woke up a bit earlier than usual and made a short trip to the neighboring town where there are several berry farms and I picked fresh blueberries this morning. I'm going to make pies later this week.  There I was, atop a hill with over 50 acres of blueberry fields surrounding me, birds singing, people quietly talking amongst themselves, all picking tender, ripe, big blue berries. To me, and I've said this before, this is the equivalent to going to church for me.  I was surrounded by nature and enjoying every moment of it. Today I picked a little over 10 lbs of berries, so that will make for a few lovely pies.While I was there I noticed many wild flowers such as loosestrife, yellow dock, wild morning glory and black-eyed Susans. The sky was a brilliant blue with fluffy white clouds floating gently along.

But my sojourn into Nature wasn't over with my berry picking. I came to work, opened the store then did some light weeding long the walkways of Enchantments. Then I mowed the lawn surrounding the gardens of Enchantments.  Nature was at her finest today.  Oh, I don't think I mentioned it to you, but just recently Enchantment's gardens received local recognition from the Manchester Garden Club for looking lovely and for "helping to beautify Manchester".  I am quite pleased that we received such recognition, an honorable mention actually in Manchester's Annual Beautification Program, to be precise. We've worked hard to make the gardens beautiful for everyone to see. Here's a few pictures of the gardens as they look today.




To finish off the day, I will place my Adirondack chair under the shady Maple tree in the front of our store and sit and read a bit. Well, .  .  .  Hmmmmm,   I guess I don't find sitting under a tree all that boring after all!

I hope you can get out and 'get back to Nature', just a bit this week. Remember, it doesn't have to be an effort at all. Just going outdoors and walking barefoot in the grass qualifies. I hope you have a beautiful week!


Peace and Happiness







© 2010-2013 Faith M. McCann. Portions of this blog posting may include materials from my book “Enchantments School for the Magickal Arts First Year Magickal Studies.” For more information, see www.enchantmentsschool.com or go to the title of tonight's discussion and click, it will link you to my school's website. Please note that the copying and/or further distribution of this work without express written permission is prohibited. 


If you know someone who would like my work, please send them this link. If you or they would like to be included on our daily email distribution list send me an e mail with your email address to be included. If you ever wish to unsubscribe to this blog, please contact me and you will be immediately removed from our list.