The Contemporary New England Witch

The Contemporary New England Witch
Author Ms.Faith

Monday, October 22, 2012

The History of Halloween this Friday Night at MCC!

 Good Morning!

This is a picture of how I spent my day yesterday. I walked with friends in the Breast Cancer Walk held in Hartford, CT in Bushnell Park. There had to be a couple of thousand people at the walk and a great time was had by many if not all. I wore my witch hat, sadly the only one I saw the entire day, but many people said hi to the witch, adults and children alike.  Several people asked to take my picture and the friend I was with took one also, and here it is!

Well, this week is shaping up to be a busy week for a witch. I start it by speaking with a group of children at a local library about witches and who we are and what we do. I try to emphasize to children that witches are not mean or ugly nor do they mean to harm or hurt anyone, children included. I tell them witches can be pretty, happy, fun and good.

On Friday, October 26th at 6 pm I will be conducting a 'History of Halloween' PowerPoint presentation at Manchester Community College and I hope you can make it! The presentation is two hours long from 6 to 8 pm and will be held in room GPA GP232 in the Great Path Academy part of the college.

I start the presentation with a short parody of William Shakespeare's Macbeth which shows how people, even today, still perceive witches to be, cackling, evil, cauldron stirring hags. Then we go into a PowerPoint show that covers the ancient and mysterious origins of Halloween, a holiday that is still celebrated today over 5,000 years past its first murky beginnings.

You will learn in the presentation that the History of Halloween is really the history of the witch and as such, the history of the woman. We also discuss, black cats, bats, pumpkins and trick or treat! Registration to attend this presentation is required and a fee of $20 is payable to the college. To register over the phone for this class please call 860-512-3232 and have a credit card handy. The course number you will need to register is CRN#31876.

On Saturday October 27th I will be conducting a Samhain celebration at Enchantments at 6 pm, followed by a ritual feast where everyone brings a dish to share and then we will conclude the evening with a seance, speaking with the ghosts of Enchantments. Oh, didn't you know Enchantments was haunted? Oh yes! There are several spirits that inhabit the old Victorian Home that now houses Enchantments School for the Magickal Arts and Witch Shop. You will meet some of them Saturday night, that is .  .  .  if you dare!  If you plan to attend, and are not a student of Enchantments Magickal Studies Program, please call me at 860-791-6033 to make reservations as this ritual and feast will be held indoors and we have limited space and seating.

I am getting excited for Samhain, (Halloween) are you?

Peace and Happiness



© 2010-2012 Faith M. McCann. Portions of this blog posting may include materials from my book “Enchantments School for the Magickal Arts First Year Magickal Studies.” For more information, see www.enchantmentsschool.com or go to the title of tonight's discussion and click, it will link you to my school's website. Please note that the copying and/or further distribution of this work without express written permission is prohibited.

 If you know someone who would like my work, please send them this link. If you or they would like to be included on our daily email distribution list send me an e mail with your email address to be included. If you ever wish to unsubscribe to this blog, please contact me and you will be immediately removed from our list.