The Contemporary New England Witch

The Contemporary New England Witch
Author Ms.Faith

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Having gratitude in the face of everyday stress




Good Afternoon,

In this day and age we can all say we know stress. Or that we know of stress. From the daily news to stressful things happening within our own family and friend group, stress makes itself known and felt to everyone it seems.

To me, this makes it all the more important to combat stress with gratitude and love.  Can we stop stressful things from happening? Most of the time, no, we can't. But we can change how we react to stress and what we do in relation to it.

Today, for instance, I received stressful news concerning three friends of mine, all within a couple of hours of each other. I, in turn, spoke with some friends who always make me feel better when I share stressful news with them. I recommend that, in fact. When you have, or hear something upsetting, share it with someone you care about. Someone who loves you. Together you become stronger in face of the stressful news. Leaning on each other, being there for the other. Be grateful for friends like that in your life.

I am also going to burn a candle for the people involved in the stressful situations I mentioned. This way I can speak to the Goddess and ask her to give her help and blessings to those involved. 

When things seem overwhelming, I stop and consciously start to list the things, people and circumstances in my life that I am grateful for. It's easy to see and think of the negative things. Bring back to the surface those things which make your life worth living. It will make a difference.

Be grateful for something, everyday. Even if it's one thing, or one person. Do this consciously everyday and you will begin to see a difference for the better, start to occur in your life. The stressful things will not stop or go away, they just get filed in their proper place and you will be able to deal with them in a better way.

Now, I'm going outside to sit under my tree and commune with nature and this beautiful August day!


Peace and Happiness








© 2010-2014 Faith M. McCann. Portions of this blog posting may include materials from my book “Enchantments School for the Magickal Arts First Year Magickal Studies.” For more information, see www.enchantmentsschool.com or go to the title of tonight's discussion and click, it will link you to my school's website. Please note that the copying and/or further distribution of this work without express written permission is prohibited. 

If you know someone who would like my work, please send them this link. If you or they would like to be included on our daily email distribution list send me an e mail with your email address to be included. If you ever wish to unsubscribe to this blog, please contact me and you will be immediately removed from our list.