The Contemporary New England Witch

The Contemporary New England Witch
Author Ms.Faith

Thursday, November 22, 2012

A Happy Magickal Thanksgiving to you all!


Good Evening,

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!  People have asked if we, witches, celebrate Thanksgiving. We certainly do! As a matter of fact our three Autumn Sabbats, Lughnasadh (August 1st), Mabon (September 21-24), and Samhain (November 1st) are all harvest celebrations. Harvest celebrations are by definition Thanksgiving feast days, celebrating the abundance and bounty of the harvest.

There is also a bit of sympathetic magick to be found in a feast day like Thanksgiving. By having plenty of food, an over abundance actually, is meant to symbolically stand for an abundance of food throughout the winter months.  Nowadays, abundance, which at one time meant plenty of food and shelter, warmth and clothing, now stands for wealth in general.

So modern witches celebrate Thanksgiving much as everyone else does. We celebrate with good food, plenty of it!! Celebrating with family and friends.  I also like to burn a candle, a love candle for the love of family and friends,  and to give thanks to the Goddess for the blessings I find in my life everyday. For the family I have, the friends I have been gifted with and the love and abundance I find in my life.


Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!


Peace and Happiness




© 2010-2012 Faith M. McCann. Portions of this blog posting may include materials from my book “Enchantments School for the Magickal Arts First Year Magickal Studies.” For more information, see www.enchantmentsschool.com or go to the title of tonight's discussion and click, it will link you to my school's website. Please note that the copying and/or further distribution of this work without express written permission is prohibited.

 If you know someone who would like my work, please send them this link. If you or they would like to be included on our daily email distribution list send me an e mail with your email address to be included. If you ever wish to unsubscribe to this blog, please contact me and you will be immediately removed from our list.