The Contemporary New England Witch

The Contemporary New England Witch
Author Ms.Faith

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Itty Bitty Mouse

Good Afternoon,

Well, I received a lovely gift this week from my cats. A little gray and white house mouse, who is just a baby. My birthday is next week, so maybe my cats have given me an early birthday present! One cat had cornered him in the closet and my husband saved him and put him in a tin canister with holes punctured on top and gave him to me. Thanks!

He is just a little thing, so I am calling him 'Itty Bitty'. I know some people would think having a pet mouse is a little strange, but come on, I am a witch after all!  But having said that, mice are about as exotic as I get for pets. I'm definitely NOT a spider or snake witch! 

I also happen to have 'mouse' as one of my animal totems. Mouse 'medicine', as the magickal properties of animals are called medicine, is the quality of 'scrutiny'.  Mouse medicine allows one to look carefully at the small details of a situation and analyze the finer qualities before making a decision. We, those with mouse medicine, are able to appreciate the finer, little things in life. We look for the finite details and we tend to make decisions based on all things considered rather than just the big concepts.

Mice in the wild have a life expectancy of about 6 months, in captivity, under good conditions up to 2 years. So I'm hoping little Itty Bitty has a nice long, happy mouse life! Here's a picture of him:






Peace and Happiness! 








© 2010-2013 Faith M. McCann. Portions of this blog posting may include materials from my book “Enchantments School for the Magickal Arts First Year Magickal Studies.” For more information, see www.enchantmentsschool.com or go to the title of tonight's discussion and click, it will link you to my school's website. Please note that the copying and/or further distribution of this work without express written permission is prohibited.

 If you know someone who would like my work, please send them this link. If you or they would like to be included on our daily email distribution list send me an e mail with your email address to be included. If you ever wish to unsubscribe to this blog, please contact me and you will be immediately removed from our list.